Why having a Deep Brain Stimulation surgery in Iran is wise?
- Ever since, dozens of patients with dystonia (children mostly) have had DBS operations in Iran with successful results.
- Ten-year results monitoring patients who had surgery in Iran have been published in the International Journal of Neurology and Neurosurgery, showing improvements in Tremor, Bradykinesia, and dyskinesia.
- Most patients resume everyday life, have daily living functions, and use fewer and fewer medicines after their deep brain stimulation surgery.
- Going through surgeries in Iran has numerous advantages and strong points, including high care standard hospitals with professional Iranian specialists in DBS, affordable prices, and the finest facilities.
We Offer the Best Prices for Deep brain stimulation
Deep brain stimulation surgery with the best cost in Iran
The Top Packages of Medical Travel
The MedPalTrip medical team has prepared an all-inclusive package of traveling to Iran and procuring through your surgery. The only thing that needs to be ready for is surgery with complete comfort and convenience.
Our experts will also assist you in choosing the best hotel based on your budget and needs.
Top Deep Brain Stimulation doctors in Iran
Dr. Sajad Shafiee
- Fellowship in Stereotactic
Dr. Saeed Ehteshami
- Fellowship in spine surgery
Iran is famous for its doctors, particularly the neurosurgeons, who can help you get information about all stages of your surgery. The deep brain stimulation surgery
The methods and techniques and, in general, the competence and experience of neurosurgeons are essential.
Our top Deep Brain Stimulation neurosurgeons have the following qualifications:
- educated in the best universities
- expertise and specialty in the field of neurosurgery
- high rate of patents satisfaction
- many years of experience
Affordable Cost of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in Iran
The most affordable country to have deep brain stimulation surgery in Iran, where you can have a high-quality surgery at the most budget-friendly cost.
The factors that determine the price:
- The severity of the patient’s condition
- Tools that are used in the surgery
- Hospital and aftercare condition
- Reputation, experience, and knowledge of doctors
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) implant surgery is a neurosurgery done in Iran by sophisticated Iranian Neurosurgeons and the assistance of MedPalTrip. Patients worldwide travel to Iran or are in contact with us through the internet to receive a free consultation. MedPalTrip provides convenience and a great range of facilities, including visas, Transfers, Medical Tests, and medications.
Deep brain stimulation surgery is the process of implanting electrical stimulus electrodes in some brain regions damaged by Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a disease that involves the nervous system and causes nerve damage so that the body reacts with such symptoms as tremors and shaking, stiffness and rigidity, slowed movement, or Bradykinesia.
Although the mentioned symptoms progressively deteriorate and cannot be cured, they can be improved by several methods, such as medication and surgery to fix the signals of some areas of the brain.
MedPalTrip is an Iranian medical tourism agency with a great team consisting of a support team and knowledgeable doctors in different fields like neurosurgery, rhinoplasty, liposuction, abdominoplasty, etc.
Advantages of deep brain stimulation
There are plenty of benefits to brain stimulation (DBS) implant surgery:
- The patient can recover from deep brain stimulation surgery quickly.
- The wounded area on the head and brain caused by the holes that the doctor has made lasts for a short time.
- The electrical stimulation device could be set on various modes as the level of Parkinson’s disease alters.
- Based on the doctor’s diagnosis, the device that makes stimulation and sends electrical pulses can be off if necessary
Based on the doctor’s diagnosis, hospital stay is 1 or 2 nights in the first stage of the surgery, whereas it is only 1 night in the second surgery. Patients can return home as soon as the battery is adjusted.
Parkinson’s disease (PD) is a movement disorder that makes difficulty in daily living functions by disrupting balance and walking and making Tremor, muscle rigidity, and stiffness.
In the early stages of Parkinson’s disease, medication is highly effective; however, as time goes on and the disease symptoms gradually worsen, deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery would be beneficial.
Aging is one of the primary reasons and causes of Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s disease also has some non-motor symptoms, including Fatigue, fluctuation in blood pressure, digestive difficulty, mood disorders, etc., due to loss of norepinephrine, the chief sympathetic nervous chemical messenger.
What is Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is an operation in which a doctor places electrodes in some brain areas, making Parkinson’s symptoms regulate its abnormal function.
The medicine for Parkinson’s disease mainly prescribed by doctors to prevent the worsening of symptoms is called levodopa. However, using this medicine for a long-time period may cause dyskinesia.
In deep brain stimulation (DBS), after implanting the electrodes in the brain, the wires get connected to a device called a pulse generator adjusted in the chest.
Then the pulse generator makes some electrical pulses and sends them to the brain area with abnormal activity.
The DBS surgery decreases the level and amount of movement and non-movement symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and reduces the need for medication.
Procedure of the DBS surgery
The first step is the evaluation process which determines whether you are a candidate.
A team of doctors, including a neurologist, neurosurgeon, neuropsychologist, and psychiatrist, will assess the patient’s condition.
A brain scan (MRI or CT) to check the brain’s probable reaction to the surgery.
Deep brain stimulation surgery has two stages. In the first stage, some holes are made into the brain to adjust electrodes in the brain. At this level, you’ll be given a local anesthetic.
A thin wire connects the electrodes to a pacemaker (neurostimulator) in the chest.
Within a week, the pulse generator activates and can be controlled to be on or off.
Candidates of deep brain stimulation (DBS)?
Deep brain stimulation implant surgery is not the first choice and is only recommended to people with some features and after some evaluations. You need to have the deep brain stimulation surgery, if:
- The symptoms are disturbing the patient’s daily activities.
- The medication does not reduce the motor symptoms (dyskinesia)
- You had the symptoms for at least five years.
- You are allergic, or you have any problem with anti-Parkinson’s medicines.
- You DON’T have memory problems, depression, and problems walking and having balance.
- You experience the on/off” fluctuations, that is, the situation of responding or not responding to the medication.
- You don’t need DBS surgery if the medication (levodopa) can control the symptoms.
- You have severe symptoms such as seizures, dyskinesia, dystonia, symptoms and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), and Tremor.
Will I be unconscious during the surgery?
In the first surgery, the doctor will use a sedative or local anesthesia, so the patient’s reaction gets checked through the whole procedure.
In the second surgery, when the doctor implants the pulse generator or neurostimulator in the chest, the patient is completely unconscious.
Side Effects of deep brain stimulation
Is DBS a safe surgery?
Although all surgeries have complications, deep brain stimulation surgery is safe. The probable side effects are losing the quality of speaking for a short time, misplacement of electrodes, brain infection, Seizure, headache, heart problems, and gaining weight.
Preoperative imaging and tests
- brain CT scan
- Coagulation tests
What Causes Parkinson's Disease?
Although the doctors are not entirely sure about the factors that cause Parkinson’s disease, at the moment, we know that it happens when the neurons that release dopamine die or get impaired.
The first and foremost reason that causes Parkinson’s disease is age. The other reasons are genetic inheritance and gene mutations.
Generally, most cases of Parkinson’s Disease happen to have it for no apparent reason.