Lumbar Disk Surgery in Iran: Safe & Successful
Iran is famous for its success rate of surgeries in every field, such as rhinoplasty, neurosurgeries, and orthopedic surgeries. Iran is also budget-friendly for disc disease surgery due to the difference in the value of the Iranian currency and the dollar.
Best Price for Lumbar Disc Disease Surgery in Iran
We will assist you in getting a good result from lumbar disc disease surgery at an affordable price, based on your budget.
The expertise, experience, and reputation of surgeons determine the cost of lumbar disc disease surgery. You will have our assistance and support through the whole procedure of your lumbar disc disease surgery.
All-Inclusive Medical Travel Packages
We have prepared an all-inclusive yet flexible travel package for your lumbar disc disease surgery in Iran. Furthermore, our experts will help you choose the best hotels according to your budget and the location of the surgeon’s office and surgery clinic.
The Best Iranian Orthopedic Surgeons
Iranian doctors are reputable worldwide for their skill in delivering good results and the success rate in all types of neurosurgeries and orthopedic surgeries.
Moreover, the doctors who work with our team are handpicked from the best surgeons with great ability to diagnose and treat the patient’s condition.
Our surgeon’s qualifications:
- Graduated from the best universities.
- Many years of experience in lumbar disc disease surgery.
- The highest satisfaction of patients in continuous evaluations.
Lumbar Disk Disease surgery in Iran Price Factors
Although the surgery price is not the only factor to focus on, it is of great importance. The most affordable price of the surgeries with high quality is in Iran.
Due to the currency rate differences, the total cost of travel for lumbar disc disease surgery in Iran is far less than the cost of disc surgery in many countries
The cost of lumbar disc disease surgery in Iran is determined according to the following:
- The expertise and experience of the doctor.
- The surgeon’s knowledge and skill.
- The reputation of the medical team and doctors.
- The severe condition of the patient.
- The accommodation’s price.
Specifications of Lumbar Disc Disease Surgery in Iran
Profile of the patient who is a candidate for surgery
- Pain in the spine
- Pain in the limbs
- Weakness of sensation and movement in the limbs
- Disk Extraction + – Synthetic Disk (depending on patient condition)
Place of surgery
Graphs, scans, medical images, ECG, EEG … required
- MRI – CT scan – Normal imaging
Implants required in surgery
- Synthetic disc (depending on patient condition)
Specialized tests required
- Blood coagulation tests
- Kidney function
- Electrolyte and glucose tests
Specialized advice required
- Cardiology and anesthesia
- In case of underlying disease, visit a specialist
- 3 to 5 hours
- 2 to 3 nights
Number of days of absolute rest after discharge
- 3 to 4 days
Number of recovery days to be able to deal with personal matters
- 2 days (day after surgery)
Number of recovery days until the possibility of air travel after discharge
- 5 days to a week
Number of days of recovery to be able to attend work after discharge (Back to Work)
- Maximum 1 month – one week
- Wound care
- physiotherapy a month later
Travel Plan to Iran for Lumbar Disc Disease Surgery
To help you focus only on the treatment, we have prepared the best services. The following itinerary plan may slightly change depending on the package selected and the surgeon’s opinion.
The Lumbar Disc Disease Surgery
The discs are between the vertebrae of our spine and help us keep a healthy posture by standing up straight, twisting around, and bending over.
The disturbing symptoms of lumbar disc disease can worsen during a period; hence, choosing a doctor who can get a thorough diagnosis of your condition and provide proper treatment is of great importance.
Here are some symptoms mentioned that can help you better describe the condition to your doctor:
- Continuous lower back pain
- Legs and buttocks pain
- Neck and arms pain
- Difficulty in twisting or bending
- Feeling severe pain in sitting posture
- The problem in bladder or bowel function
- spinal discs injury
- Injury and overuse of joints
- Long-term repetitive activities
The Lumbar Disc Disease Surgery Options
There are three options for the patient with lumbar disc disease, and your doctor helps you choose the best procedure based on the severity of your condition.
Usually, after six weeks, in case the pain doesn’t resolve, your doctor will recommend three options, which are:
- Artificial disc replacement
- Spinal fusion
- The doctor will replace a plastic or metal disc with an artificial disc replacement instead of the broken one.
- In the Spinal fusion method, on the other hand, the doctor strengthens the spine to provide better stability by connecting affected vertebrae.
- The doctor will remove portions of the herniated disc to relieve pain and decrease the pressure on the spinal nerve column.
How is Lumbar Disk Disease Diagnosed?
The diagnosis of your doctor consists of some parts, such as:
- Studying your medical history
- physical exam
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- CT scan
- Electromyography (EMG)
To have a healthy life, an average weight, regular exercise, and good posture can help prevent lumbar disk disease.
Two weeks after the surgery, you can start physical therapy under the supervision of your doctor.
Generally, the side effects are mild, but in some rare cases, we may see: worsening pain, fusion, failure of implants, bleeding, or infection.
It depends on the patient’s type of surgery, but generally, it takes 3-5 days.
As soon as you don’t need to take painkillers which would be around 2 or 3 weeks.