Medical Visa for Iran?
How to Apply for a Medical Visa for Iran?
Due to the high cost of treatment in many countries around the world, and in return for the low and affordable cost of treatment in Iran, many citizens of different countries decide to travel to Iran for different treatments; It is also worth mentioning that Iranian doctors and surgeons are among the best doctors and surgeons in the world, and this has led to the attention of many foreign citizens to the Iran Medical Visa; Therefore, in this article, we intend to talk about the Iran Medical Visa and explain the necessary conditions and documents for obtaining an Iran Medical Visa.
First of all, it is better to know what a medical visa is in general.
What is a medical visa?
A medical visa is a visa issued to people with a disease who do not have the necessary equipment for treatment or surgery in their country of residence, or even if the cost of treatment and surgery in their own country is so high and therefore they tend to travel to another country to have cheaper treatment or to use better medical equipment. To have a treatment or surgery in another country, it is necessary to obtain a medical visa from the destination country. It should be noted that this type of visa is issued quickly and in the shortest time.
Iran Medical Visa
As mentioned earlier, medical costs in Iran are much lower than in other countries, and many applicants apply for Iran Medical Visas so that they can have their desired treatment or surgery at the lowest possible cost.
In order to travel to Iran for treatment or surgery, like in any other country in the world, you need a medical visa.
Iran’s medical visa, also known as a T-type visa, has been added to the country’s other types of visas in recent years.
Iran Medical Visa will be issued very quickly, and after the trip, you can stay in Iran for 30 days and do your treatment; of course, it should be noted that this visa can be extended up to 90 days, depending on the type of illness and treatment required, so there is no need to worry about the validity of the medical visa.
After receiving the Iran Medical Visa, you can travel to Iran for treatment for a period of one month, and the Iran Medical Visa will be revoked after one month. The validity used to be two months, but it has been reduced to one month.
How to get an Iran Medical Visa
You can get an Iran Medical Visa in the following two ways:
Applying for an Iran Medical Visa at Iran Airports
In this method, the applicant must have an invitation from a medical center in Iran to treat the disease before traveling to Iran; then, you can travel to Iran at one of the Imam Khomeini International Airport in Tehran, Kish International Airport, Qeshm International Airport, Isfahan International Airport, Ahvaz International Airport, Bandar Abbas International Airport, Bushehr International Airport, Shahid Dastgheib International Airport in Shiraz, Hasheminejad International Airport in Mashhad and Shahid Madani International Airport in Tabriz, to apply for a medical visa.
Applicants from Turkey, Malaysia, Syria, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Georgia, Venezuela, Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Bolivia can apply for an airport medical visa in Iran.
But American citizens will have to spend more time getting an Iran Medical Visa, perhaps for several months, as getting a visa is a bit more complicated for them.
This method of getting an Iran Medical Visa at the airport is no longer possible after the outbreak of the Covid 19 virus, so this method is not practical anymore.
Consult with us to choose the best surgeon for you.
Applying for an Iran Medical Visa through a travel agency
It can be said that currently, the only way to obtain a medical visa in Iran is to apply through travel agencies.
In this method, you leave all the steps of getting an Iran Medical Visa, from getting an invitation from medical centers to the last step of getting the visa, to a reliable travel agency.
Medical Trip is a well-known brand in medical tourism in Iran. We offer a wide range of medical and beauty tourism services to customers from all over the world.
Medpal Trip is a licensed medical tourism agency that is partnered with numerous well-equipped hospitals and specialty clinics, proficient medical and cosmetic teams and doctors, and world-class four and five-star hotels.
Our professional team will help you make the right decision by providing a free consultation. Once you have made your decision, we offer you a wide range of personalized medical and beauty travel packages and plan a safe journey with outstanding results for you. Our experts will minimize costs for you while achieving the above.
Medical Trip has successfully obtained all the necessary licenses and certificates regarding medical tourism from the Ministry of Health and Medical Education and the Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Tourism, and Handicrafts of Iran. These licenses are as follows:
- Licensed to provide Medical Tourism services and connect with physicians and hospitals certified by the Ministry of Health and Medical Education
- Licensed to apply for a visa, hotel reservation, hold tours, and perform tourism services by the Ministry of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and Handcrafts (MCTH).
After a free consultation with Medpal Trip experts and concluding the contract, we will obtain admission from a reputable hospital and an invitation letter from a specialist doctor, and then we will email the file to the applicant.
After receiving an email containing a letter of acceptance from the hospital, the applicant should go to the Iranian embassy at their place of residence and apply for an Iran Medical Visa with the hospital letter of acceptance and other required documents mentioned below. As already mentioned, this visa will be issued quickly and does not take long.
Steps to get an Iran Medical Visa
- Contact the professional experts of Medpal Trip for a free consultation
- For the “Medical Visa” application, you are supposed to send us some documents which are mentioned later.
- All documents and information remain confidential with us.
- We’ll send your information and doctor’s & clinic confirmation to the Iran Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Paying fees.
- Getting EVISA Health Iran
- Receiving a visa (Pickup) from the embassy or consulate of the applicant’s place of residence.
Required documents to be submitted to the Iranian Embassy to get a medical visa.
- Medical records include tests performed, ultrasounds, CT scans, and any tests taken.
- Hospital Admission Letter or IPD, this admission letter must be from a hospital approved by the Ministry of Health and have an international unit.
- A letter from a specialist doctor regarding the patient’s need for treatment or surgery in Iran.
- Passport image: The passport must be valid for at least six months. With good quality, normal light, and clear details, the whole page is visible. Like this:
- Personal photo image: This photo should have been taken in at least the last six months. With a white background, a direct look at the camera, and no hats.
- Some essential information like place of birth, date of birth, marital status, etc.
Iran Medical Visa extension
As mentioned, the validity period of stay in Iran is 30 days, but in some cases, the treatment or recovery period of the applicant does not end within 30 days, and the person needs to renew his / her visa.
The Iran Medical Visa can be extended for up to 90 days, but if more time is needed, the person can apply through the offices in charge and renew his / her visa again.
In order to extend your medical visa in Iran, you must go to the foreign national police centers or the Police+10 offices and bring the following documents along:
- Doctor’s confirmation: The specialist doctor’s confirmation is a letter in which the treating physician confirms that the applicant’s treatment is incomplete and that he or she needs to stay longer in Iran.
- The exact time of starting treatment and progress of treatment during the stay: The exact time of starting treatment should be reported, and also the person should report on the progress of their treatment.
- Receipts of expenses: The applicant must submit the receipts of expenses incurred during his / her stay for the treatment of his / her illness to the foreign national Police Office.
- Paying of Iran Medical Visa extension fee: The amount of the medical visa extension fee will be determined in the foreign national police office that the applicant must pay.
Popular treatments in Iran
As mentioned before, Iran has very skilled doctors and surgeons and modern medical equipment, and due to the very low cost of treatment in Iran, Iran Medical Visas are very popular among citizens of other countries, and many people for various medical and plastic surgery purposes want to get an Iran Medical Visa.
The following are some of the most popular medical purposes in Iran that have attracted the attention of foreign citizens:
- Hair transplantation
- Facial lift
- Breast surgery
- Nose reshaping or surgery
- Dental implants
- eye surgery
- Infertility treatment
An Iran Medical Visa is, in fact, a permit to enter Iran to receive medical services and plastic surgeries. Due to the cheapness of medical services as well as the best doctors in Iran, Iran Medical Visa has gained a lot of popularity in recent years.
In this blog, we provided some information about the conditions and required documents to obtain an Iran Medical Visa, which we hope will be useful for you. You can contact the professional experts of our team, ask your questions, and benefit from a free consultation.